Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fifty Things about Me!

I am the mother of two daughters.

I am the sister of two older brothers.

I was the first one of my siblings to move out of my parents' house. and the first one to get married, and the first one to have children of my own!

I love dogs, I would have a houseful if they didn't shed!

I like cats but I think they belong in the barn!

I love to be in the barn when there's a storm outside- snow storms, thunder and lightning any kind of storm!

I love to watch lightning. When I was a kid, we used to spend part of our summers in Maine every year. Always in August. Almost every night there would be a storm. We would all sit outside on the porch and watch the lightning out over the ocean. It was spectacular.

I love all the seasons. I love the change from summer to fall to winter to spring to summer. I could never imagine living somewhere where the weather is always the same.

I love to read. I read everything! The newspaper everyday, magazines, junk mail, the cereal box!

I hate when mechanical things don't work the way they are supposed to! Like when your car doesn't start when you turn the key.

I hate people who take amateur sports too seriously! Nothing ruins the fun of the game when some keener starts yelling at some kid because he/she missed a shot, wasn't fast enough, whatever! Remember! It's a GAME ! It's supposed to be fun!

Green is my favorite colour, then blue- but I've never owned a blue car or a green car!

I don't understand people who live in the city who drive pick up trucks! I live on a farm and hate driving the pick up truck! It's too big, hard to park when you go to the mall and sucks gas like a vacuum!

I think you should only drive a car that big enough for your stuff. If you don't have a lot of stuff and a small family...you should drive a small car!

I don't think that green house gas is the only thing causing global warming. I think the pollution that we create with our cars, tractors, boats, ski doos etc creates smog and smog is bad, that's why should only drive a car that's as big as you need. I also think that pollution causes green house gas that contributes to ozone depletion and acid rain. But i think global warming is inevitable. The earth in its millions of years of history has gone from ice age to burning and back to ice age again. I think it's just getting warmer because that's what the earth does.

I think we should all think about our footprint on the earth more! Reduce consumption, turn off the lights when you're not in a room, don't run air conditioning all the time, compost, recycle, wash your laundry in cold water and hang it up to dry!

My favorite movies are "The Princess Bride" , "Shrek", "The Adventures of Yellow Dog"

People who don't like animals scare me!

I love to eat berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries it doesn't matter what kind as long as they are juicy and sweet! I will only eat peaches from Ontario, and when they are in season, I will eat them every day 2 or 3 at a time!

I only like bagels from Montreal.

I can't sleep with the light on.

I hate traveling because I can't sleep in my own bed!

I love my house even though it's old and drafty.

I love to cook, but I hate to clean, even though I do.

I could never give up chocolate! I love cheese and chicken. I hate mashed potatoes and peas.

I think George Clooney is the sexiest man alive!

I would never cheat on my husband with anyone, except George Clooney, the sexiest man alive!

The older my children get, the better I behave!

I won't take a vacation without my children because they grow up too fast and I will not burden someone else with them...they are my children.

I love being alone, I can do my thing, whatever it is uninterrupted.

I like the way I look, not too sexy or glamorous but not too plain.

I think my husband is good looking, but he's not George Clooney!

One minute I love him and the next I can't stand him!

I hate people that will choose to watch television over socializing or doing something more interesting than watching television.

I love music, cannot play an instrument nor sing and know it! That's why I would never go on Canadian Idol.

I love peace and quiet, that's why I love to live in the country. I can't stand a television or radio playing in the background. Although I do like to listen to the MP3 player while I vacuum.

I love my mom and don't know what I will do when she dies.

I hate funerals. I don't like to be around others when I mourn, I like to weep and sob all by myself. I don't want hear about things that happened when they were alive!

I miss my dad every day since he died and when I hear certain songs on the radio I start to cry because the song makes me think of him. The first thought that comes to my mind is my mom telling me the thing she misses about my dad the most was that he never went to sleep at night without telling her he loved her! My dad was no saint, but when we were kids he would move heaven and earth to make us happy. I am sad that he never got to see my children or any of his other grandchildren. Family was everything to him.

I worry, almost compulsively, that something bad will happen to my children one day. Not an accident or illness, but some horrible assault..It is hard to have children in the world today. I think so many people are mean, cruel, jealous and godless. I am afraid one of those people will hurt my daughters.

I made a choice to have my children. I love them. I love taking care of them, being with them, teaching them, guiding them. I don't understand people who have children and don't do those things. Those are the things they need. if you don't have the patience or desire to do those things I think you're better off not having children. Too many children today are parentless even though some live in a home with their parents! it's very sad, as my kids get older, they are starting to realize what they have. Thank God.

I think it is important to speak out. I am teaching my daughters to speak up if they think that something is not fair or right. I think it's working. When my eldest daughter was in Grade 4, her teacher made a rule that the snack you ate in class must be a "handheld" snack...whatever that is. She therefore under this rule was not allowed a juice box. She went to the principal and argued that a juice box was a "handheld" snack. The principal upheld the teacher's rule, but the teacher told me how impressed she was that my daughter stood up for herself and didn't wait for me to speak for her.

I don't like people making commitments for me..always ask me first if I will be willing to do something. I like to be in charge of my time.

I am rarely bored. I can find something interesting to do all the time. If I can't I'll just eat!

I want to have a book published! Don't we all, a cook book.

I don't like mean people. I don't like rude people. I think one of the biggest things wrong with our world today is people are not considerate enough. They think too much about themselves. It's sad to see young kids with no manners. My girls have had friends over that are rude, and I won't let my children invite them over anymore. Unfortunately for my girls, they have no idea that I think it's because these children are rude. These poor children will grow up clueless and self centred like their parents and never hold a door for anyone!

I hate people who are late! I think being late is the epitome of rude! If you can't be there at 7 0'clock just say 7 isn't good for me, can we make it 7:30? and then be ON TIME! I understand that occasionally sh** happens, but being constantly late is to me the worst!

As I get older, the thing I hate the most is grey hair! I colour my hair because I don't want to see the grey! I hate colouring my hair, but I hate the grey even more!

I wish I had an indoor swimming pool. I love to swim, it's my favourite type of exercise!

Writing 50 things about yourself is really hard! I originally was going to write 100 things about me!, but I couldn't make to a hundred!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

This is so cool!!! This is totally a "you" blog!!! Its so funny to have known someone for what -- 10 years? and then to read stuff you didn't know about them on a "50 Things About Me" list!!!

I can see this turning into a "Rural Woman's" blog -- and maybe you'll have a Glengarry Novel out of it! How cool would that be? :)