Friday, February 16, 2007

The Weather Outside is Frightful!

We just had the first really bad storm of the winter. The snow came down and so did the mercury! It has been much too cold outside these past couple of days. Even the barn has been only hovering about the freezing mark. Luckily nothing froze and no new calves were born. The cats haven't been outside for a few days and we haven't seen the deer out in the fields.
Last night I had to go out, I had no choice. The snow blew all day long and drifted up in front of the garage door. I got stuck when I was trying to back out. The farmer had to go out and get me unstuck! He was not a happy man! I had to drive the pick-up truck to town. I usually hate driving the pick up, but I was kind of glad to be driving it last night.
We'll survive this weather. We always do, if we didn't have the weather to talk about, we'd have to talk about the neighbours! And that's not very neighbourly!

No comments: