Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September Routine Starts Anew

September is here at last!

We're back into the school routine. Shauna has to catch the bus at 6:40 am....can you imagine! She is getting up around 5:30 in the morning. Just as John and I head out to the barn, she stumbles down the stairs. I keep teasing her about getting up so early. She needs to get "ready" The "Fashionista" in her requires perfect hair, the right outfit and contact lenses! I, on the other hand can come in from the barn, take a shower, put on make-up, do my hair and be ready to leave within 45 minutes! She tells me, it's having to make her lunch that takes up all her time in the morning.

She doesn't seem to mind the hour long bus ride to and from school everyday. One of her posse is on the bus, so I guess it gives them time to chat and gossip! It seems so long ago that I was doing those things. I hope she enjoys her high school years as much as I enjoyed mine. They are great years, I think.

Alanna is in Grade 6 this year and she really wants to be more mature now. It makes me laugh when she talks about deodorant and zits! She perfect and beautiful, like Shauna is and they seems so unaware of their looks. That's a good think...I hope they keep that modesty and confidence they have in their abilities and never act like their looks are all important. You get much farther in life with a brain, I keep telling them.

No comments: